- Ask what letter the title of the book begins with?
- Ask if they know what the book is about; based on the cover?
After you have read the book…
Invite the students to make up their own ending.
- For your pre-kindergarten students, point to the cover, back, and binding of the book and ask them what they are. This helps them understand how a book is made. And that you begin reading from the front of the book.
- Make reading fun by adding voices to the characters.
- Make sure your books represent all the students in your classroom.
- Read a book once, then the next day, ask your child/student what they remember about it.
-ALL BOOKS HAVE BEEN REVIEWED BY DARLA THE TEACHER-
*If you would like a brief description of a book, see my social media pages or contact me*
Holidays Around the World